Saturday, April 27, 2013

Not So Fun Friday

The day seemed promising.  Slept through the night and woke up to a beautiful spring morning here in Tennessee.  Daddy decided to take me on a morning walk which I was thrilled about. It was such a pretty morning for a stroll with my daddy.

But then I noticed that I started to feel the need to pee every so many feet that we walked.  Daddy kept saying, "you are peeing nothing but air Maude."  I just felt like I needed to go.  Daddy got me back home and the feeling didn't stop.  I ran to the back door and let out a few whimpers to let daddy know that I still felt like I needed to go.  I would walk and squat, walk and squat, walk and squat.  My actions seemed to alarm daddy because I heard him on the telephone talking to someone about me.  Next thing I knew, I was in the car and headed back to that place where I seem to get poked and prodded every time I show up.

Dr McDreamy came in again and asked daddy a few questions, stuck something up my butt and said I would have to stay until I peed so they could test my piddle.  Daddy looked very sad and I was too because I have not been taken from them since they got me a few weeks ago and I was unsure of what was going on.  He kissed me on the nose to say bye bye, but then I heard daddy say..."maybe she will pee right away so can I stay to see if she does?"  He loves me very much.  They took me outside and I knew what I had to do, I sniffed to find that right spot and gave them what they wanted.  You should have seen his face when they brought me back inside and let daddy know that I had peed.  They told daddy to wait a few minutes while they tested my pee pee sample.

It did not take long before Dr McDreamy came back in and told daddy that I had a pretty bad bladder infection.  Daddy and he and exchanged a few questions and answers and then they took me back and stuck a needle in me and then sent us home with this very strange bottle full of these funny looking things.  Next thing I know...mommy and daddy are shoving one of those things down the back of my throat.  I was able to avert swallowing it the first time, but then mommy got more determined and shoved practically her whole fist in my mouth forcing that ill-tasting thing down my throat until I was forced to swallow it.

Needless to say that those things have an effect on me because I felt very sleepy most of the day.  Whatever a bladder infection is...I don't like having it and I can tell by the looks of sadness that mommy and daddy don't like me having it either.  But boy howdy...I am getting lots of extra petting and loving now so I guess I can take the bad with the good.  That is what us sheepies are all about...always looking for something to be happy about.


  1. Hi Maude.. a little tip.. tell your people to stick that pill into the middle of a small piece of hot dog.. in which you will likely eat it up and not even notice. Works for Buster every time! :) Hope the meds are working and that you're feeling better!! xo

  2. Awwwww.....Feel better soon! Your Aunt Kelli is right about the hot dog :) Giacomo likes it when we put his pills in pumpkin or banana because his teeny tiny little pancreas can't handle the hot dogs :/

  3. Awww, poor Maude! Feel better soon! Love and Licks, Lilly